Important Route 28 Progress!
Ground was broken last week to kick-off upgrades to Route 28 through Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William Counties and the City of Manassas consisting of:
- In Prince William
- Rt. 28 widening from Linton Hall Road to Fitzwater Drive
- Widening from Route 234 Bypass to Linton Hall Road
- In Loudoun
- Rt. 28 South widening from Sterling Boulevard to the Dulles Toll Road
- In Fairfax
- Rt. 28 North widening from McLearen Road to the Dulles Toll Road
- Rt. 28 South widening from the Dulles Toll Road to Route 50
- Rt. 28 widening from the Prince William County Line to Route 29
- In the City of Manassas
- Rt. 28 widening from Godwin Drive to the Southern City/Prince William County limits
- Rt. 28 (Manassas Bypass) Study
Construction on these corridor improvements is estimated to begin later this year.
Hats off to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority for investing $99 million in new regional funds that made possible these improvements to this major regional north-south corridor making life better for over 125,000 daily travelers.
Special thanks to all Northern Virginia legislators who worked hard and voted to make those regional funds a reality.
Better Transportation Happens When Elected Officials Stand Up
For Transportation Matters that Matter Most