Alliance Urges Maryland Transportation Authority to move forward quickly with P3 Project
Increasing roadway capacity of the American Legion Bridge, I-495, and I-270 is absolutely critical to the future quality of life and economic prosperity of our region.
Yet, opposition to the plan is escalating based on the temporary traffic reductions caused by the COVID-19 virus.
During yesterday’s Maryland Transportation Authority review of the Maryland Traffic Relief Plan, the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance voiced its strong support for these improvements and urged Maryland policymakers to move them forward as quickly as possible.
At a time when our region’s economy is struggling, the project’s short and long-term transportation and economic benefits for our community are clear. They include:
- Injecting over $9 billion of private dollars into our local economy;
- Creating tens of thousands of new jobs;
- Dramatically reducing travel time delays for ALL roadway users;
- Increasing regional connectivity; and
- Improving transit options for regional express bus service.
The Alliance will continue to stay engaged and keep you informed as to how to support these important improvements. The success of Maryland’s P3 is critical to the Region’s successful mobility.