Jason Stanford – President
Jason Stanford is the President of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance. He oversees the day-to-day operations of the Alliance including long-term planning, transportation policy analysis, advocacy, and community outreach.
Before leading the Alliance, Jason spent six years and seven legislative sessions as the Chief of Staff to a member of the Virginia House of Delegates. During that time, he worked on numerous public policy issues including multimodal transportation, small business economic development, sustainable energy infrastructure, and housing affordability.
Jason is focused on applying his experience in the Virginia General Assembly to unite regional stakeholders and prioritize key transportation projects that will keep our region moving forward for decades to come.
Jason earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Carlos Heard – Chair of the Board of Directors
Carlos L. Heard is Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Saul Centers, Inc., a Bethesda-based real estate investment trust trading on the NYSE.
Prior to his role as Chief Financial Officer at Saul Centers, he most recently served as Senior Vice President of Acquisitions and Development with the B.F. Saul Company and Affiliates.
Previously, he served in a variety of positions at Chevy Chase Bank from 1998 to 2009, ultimately as a Group Vice President of commercial real estate, managing a commercial real estate lending team focused on both national REITs and regional developers. He also launched and managed a commercial interest rate derivatives business line.
Prior to Chevy Chase Bank, Carlos gained analytical experience with the Federation of European Stock Exchanges in Brussels, Belgium and as an economist for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Anchorage, Alaska. He serves on the board of the Southeast Fairfax Development Corporation and is an active member of Nareit.
Mr. Heard holds B.A. degrees from Goucher College in Economics and French and an M.S. degree in Real Estate from Johns Hopkins University.
Robert O. Chase
Bob Chase is president emeritus of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, a 1,000 member business-citizen coalition formed in 1987 to promote greater citizen awareness of and involvement in regional transportation issues.
He has been an active participant in many regional planning and advisory organizations including the Citizens Advisory Committee of the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board, the Citizens Advisory Committee to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Metropolitan Development Planning Committee, the Policy Advisory Committees of the Fairfax and Loudoun County Chambers of Commerce, the Greater Washington Board of Trade Transportation and Environment Committee, among others.
During the past three decades, Mr. Chase and the Alliance have played a major role in advancing numerous regional transportation priorities/projects in the metropolitan Washington area including the Fairfax and Prince William County Parkways Bond Referenda, Woodrow Wilson Bridge, I-66 improvements, Western Transportation Corridor, Techway, Virginia Railway Express, Dulles Greenway and Route 28 Transportation District.
Mr. Chase is a graduate of Brown University.
- Carlos Heard • Chair
- Michael J. Cooper • Vice Chair
- Maggie Parker • Secretary
- James McCann • Treasurer
- Scott Adams • Legal Counsel
- Bob Chase • President Emeritus
- Jason Stanford • President
Life Board Members
- Clark Massie • TETRA Corporation
- David M. Guernsey • Guernsey Office Products, Inc.
- Scott Plein • EQUINOX Investments, LLC
- Joe Ritchey • Transwestern
- Tom Rust • Pennoni
NV Business Transportation Coalition Representatives *
- Mark Ingrao • Dulles Regional Chamber
- Debora Harvey • HCCA
- Brian Gordon • AOBA
- Daniel Flores • Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Tony Howard • Loudoun County Chamber
- Debbie Rosenstein • NV Building Industry Association
- Charles Kapur • Greater Reston Chamber
- Nick Clemente • NOVA Chamber
* The Northern Virginia Transportation Coalition is a consortium of more than twenty chambers of commerce, business and industry groups that share a common belief that greater investment in regional transportation infrastructure is essential to Northern Virginia’s, and the greater metropolitan Washington area’s future economic competitiveness and quality of life.
Board of Directors
- Ms. Amanda Allen • Transurban
- Mr. Scott Adams • McGuireWoods LLP
- Mr. Jim Bishoff • J2 Engineers
- Mr. Paul Brazier • IMEG
- Mr. Bob Chase • NVTA President Emeritus
- Mr. Michael J. Cooper • Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Ms. Packie Crown • Bowman Consulting
- Ms. Jennifer M. Cuddy • Reed Smith LLP
- Mr. Dylan Clemente • Comstock
- Mr. Nicolas Cumings • Walsh Colucci Lubeley and Walsh, PC
- Mr. Timothy Dugan • Bean, Kinney & Korman PC
- Mr. Jeffrey Fairfield • Arrowbrook Centre
- Mr. Daniel Flores • Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Ms. Renee Hamilton • Toll Road Investors Partnership II
- Mr. Carlos Heard • B.F. Saul Company
- Ms. Bailey Hopple Edelson • Buchanan Partners
- Mr. Jesse Keene • Cozen O’Conner
- Mr. Doug Kennedy • Pennoni Associates, Inc.
- Mr. Steve Kuntz • Dewberry
- Mr. Ted Lewis • Terracon
- Mr. Mark Looney • Cooley LLP
- Ms. Martha Marks • NAIOP Northern Virginia
- Mr. Jose Martin Alos • Lane Construction
- Mr. James McCann • Baker Tilly
- Mr. Keith Meurlin • Washington Airports Task Force
- Ms. Natalia Norko • WGL
- Mr. Garry Palleschi • Shirley Contracting Company, LLC
- Ms. Maggie Parker • Reston Community Center
- Mr. Sherman Patrick • Compton & Duling
- Mr. Jon Peterson • The Peterson Companies
- Mr. Pete Rahn • Cintra
- Mr. Michael Rayl • ECS Mid-Atlantic LLC
- Mr. David Riemenschneider • Vulcan Materials Company
- Mr. John Roddy • William A. Hazel, Inc.
- Mr. Brendon Shaw • Dominion Energy
- Ms. Nancy Smith • I-66 Express Mobility Partners
- Mr. Jason Stanford • NVTA President
- Mr. Kurt Thompson • Dewberry
- Mr. Sushant Upadhyaya • Kaveree
- Mr. Jack Vega • Claude Moore Charitable Foundation
- Mr. Josh Veverka • Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Mr. David White • Superior Paving Corporation
- Mr. John Williams • Bechtel
- Mr. Charlie Windle • Luck Stone
- Mr. Matthew Wissman • Hilton
- Mr. Truett Young • Stanley Martin Homes