Jason Stanford – President
Jason Stanford is the President of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance. He oversees the day-to-day operations of the Alliance including long-term planning, transportation policy analysis, advocacy, and community outreach.
Before leading the Alliance, Jason spent six years and seven legislative sessions as the Chief of Staff to a member of the Virginia House of Delegates. During that time, he worked on numerous public policy issues including multimodal transportation, small business economic development, sustainable energy infrastructure, and housing affordability.
Jason is focused on applying his experience in the Virginia General Assembly to unite regional stakeholders and prioritize key transportation projects that will keep our region moving forward for decades to come.
Jason earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Margaret D. Parker – Chair of the Board of Directors
Maggie Parker joined Comstock, a real estate development firm specializing in mixed-use, transit-oriented development, in 2010, bringing with her extensive experience in sales, public relations and communications.
In the same year, Comstock signed its first public-private partnership with Fairfax County to develop a $110M transit center that has since delivered two world-class high-rise buildings, with two more under construction. She has helped close additional P3 opportunities with Loudoun County and the Town of Herndon.
As Senior Vice President of Public Relations, Maggie is a critical asset for Comstock acting as the company spokesperson as well as liaison to government staff, elected officials and at-large communities. She is a skilled communicator adept at handling complex issues related to placemaking, tenant recruitment, and transportation and infrastructure.
Maggie currently sits on the boards of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce, the Reston Hospital Center, the Greater Reston Arts Center and Public Art Reston.
Robert O. Chase
Bob Chase is president emeritus of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, a 1,000 member business-citizen coalition formed in 1987 to promote greater citizen awareness of and involvement in regional transportation issues.
He has been an active participant in many regional planning and advisory organizations including the Citizens Advisory Committee of the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board, the Citizens Advisory Committee to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Metropolitan Development Planning Committee, the Policy Advisory Committees of the Fairfax and Loudoun County Chambers of Commerce, the Greater Washington Board of Trade Transportation and Environment Committee, among others.
During the past three decades, Mr. Chase and the Alliance have played a major role in advancing numerous regional transportation priorities/projects in the metropolitan Washington area including the Fairfax and Prince William County Parkways Bond Referenda, Woodrow Wilson Bridge, I-66 improvements, Western Transportation Corridor, Techway, Virginia Railway Express, Dulles Greenway and Route 28 Transportation District.
Mr. Chase is a graduate of Brown University.
- Maggie Parker • Chair
- Michael J. Cooper • Vice Chair
- Russ Gestl • Secretary
- James McCann • Treasurer
- Scott Adams • Legal Counsel
- Bob Chase • President Emeritus
- Jason Stanford • President
Life Board Members
- Clark Massie • TETRA Corporation
- David M. Guernsey • Guernsey Office Products, Inc.
- Scott Plein • EQUINOX Investments, LLC
- Joe Ritchey • Transwestern
- Tom Rust • Pennoni
NV Business Transportation Coalition Representatives *
- John Boylan • Dulles Regional Chamber
- Debora Harvey • HCCA
- Brian Gordon • AOBA
- Daniel Flores • Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Tony Howard • Loudoun County Chamber
- Debbie Rosenstein • NV Building Industry Association
- Charles Kapur • Greater Reston Chamber
- Nick Clemente • NOVA Chamber
* The Northern Virginia Transportation Coalition is a consortium of more than twenty chambers of commerce, business and industry groups that share a common belief that greater investment in regional transportation infrastructure is essential to Northern Virginia’s, and the greater metropolitan Washington area’s future economic competitiveness and quality of life.
Board of Directors
- Mr. Scott Adams • McGuireWoods LLP
- Mr. Jim Bishoff • J2 Engineers
- Mr. Bob Chase • NVTA President Emeritus
- Mr. Michael J. Cooper • Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Ms. Mary Beth Coya
- Ms. Packie Crown • Bowman Consulting
- Ms. Jennifer M. Cuddy • Reed Smith LLP
- Mr. Nicolas Cumings • Walsh Colucci Lubeley and Walsh, PC
- Mr. Timothy Dugan • Bean, Kinney & Korman PC
- Mr. Jeffrey Fairfield • Arrowbrook Centre
- Mr. Daniel Flores • Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Mr. Russ Gestl • Buchanan Partners
- Ms. Renee Hamilton • Toll Road Investors Partnership II
- Mr. Carlos Heard • B.F. Saul Company
- Mr. Doug Kennedy • Pennoni Associates, Inc.
- Mr. Ted Lewis • Terracon
- Mr. Mark Looney • Cooley LLP
- Ms. Martha Marks • NAIOP Northern Virginia
- Mr. James McCann • Baker Tilly
- Mr. Brent McKenzie • Transurban
- Mr. Keith Meurlin • Washington Airports Task Force
- Ms. Natalia Norko • WGL
- Mr. Garry Palleschi • Shirley Contracting Company, LLC
- Ms. Maggie Parker • Reston Community Center
- Mr. Sherman Patrick • Compton & Duling
- Mr. Jon Peterson • The Peterson Companies
- Mr. G. Evan Pritchard • Cozen O’Conner
- Ms. Marie Purkert • christopher consultants now IMEG
- Mr. Michael Rayl • ECS Mid-Atlantic LLC
- Mr. David Riemenschneider • Vulcan Materials Company
- Mr. John Roddy • William A. Hazel, Inc.
- Mr. Brendon Shaw • Dominion Energy
- Ms. Nancy Smith • I-66 Express Mobility Partners
- Mr. Jason Stanford • NVTA President
- Mr. Kurt Thompson • Dewberry
- Mr. Jack Vega • Claude Moore Charitable Foundation
- Mr. Josh Veverka • Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Mr. David White • Superior Paving Corporation
- Mr. John Williams • Bechtel
- Mr. Charlie Windle • Luck Stone
- Mr. Matthew Wissman • Hilton
- Mr. Truett Young • Stanley Martin Homes