Chief Executive Officer
David Birtwistle is CEO of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance where he is responsible for overall operations with specific focus on strategic planning and capital development. He had previously served on the NVTA Board of Directors.
Preceding his joining the NVTA, he was a Senior Vice President with the Washington Division of Balfour Beatty Construction, a worldwide leader in construction, engineering and finance. His responsibilities included developing client relationships as well as new commercial and geographical markets. He has also led the division’s initiative to deliver public facilities utilizing Public Private Partnership’s (PPP) and has spoken on the topic throughout the country.
David’s other professional experience included the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, the Admiral H. G. Rickover Foundation and the Fairfax County Budget Office. He spent several years in the banking industry and began his career in the Washington DC area as a congressional intern.
David has served a number of business and community organizations, including: NAIOP Northern Virginia Chapter (past Chair), the Greater Washington Board of Trade (Board of Directors), the Washington Airports Task Force (Board of Directors), and the National Council of Public Private Partnerships (Board of Directors). He recently joined the Board of the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
David received his Bachelor’s Degree from Providence College and his Masters Degree from American University.
G. Evan Pritchard
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Evan Pritchard is a member of the Real Estate practice group of Venable LLP. He joined the firm in 2016. Prior to joining Venable, Mr. Pritchard spent nearly a decade at a Northern Virginia land use and development firm.
Mr. Pritchard focuses on securing zoning and land use approvals for developers and landowners in jurisdictions throughout Northern Virginia, including Arlington, Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, and the City of Falls Church, among others. He advises clients on state and federal legislation and regulations affecting real estate development and important changes to local jurisdictions’ comprehensive plans and zoning ordinances.
An experienced litigator, he worked with the Environment & Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, serving as lead counsel on 25 civil cases in federal court.
Mr. Pritchard serves as a Board Member for NAIOP Northern Virginia and Co-Chairs the Arlington Government Relations Committee for NAIOP. He is a Leadership Arlington 40 Under 40 honoree and received a Department of Justice Outstanding Performance Rating Award. He was a member of the Leadership Fairfax Class of 2013.
Mr. Pritchard received his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
Robert O. Chase
Robert O. Chase
Bob Chase is president emeritus of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, a 1,000 member business-citizen coalition formed in 1987 to promote greater citizen awareness of and involvement in regional transportation issues.
He has been an active participant in many regional planning and advisory organizations including the Citizens Advisory Committee of the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board, the Citizens Advisory Committee to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Metropolitan Development Planning Committee, the Policy Advisory Committees of the Fairfax and Loudoun County Chambers of Commerce, the Greater Washington Board of Trade Transportation and Environment Committee, among others.
During the past three decades, Mr. Chase and the Alliance have played a major role in advancing numerous regional transportation priorities/projects in the metropolitan Washington area including the Fairfax and Prince William County Parkways Bond Referenda, Woodrow Wilson Bridge, I-66 improvements, Western Transportation Corridor, Techway, Virginia Railway Express, Dulles Greenway and Route 28 Transportation District.
Mr. Chase is a graduate of Brown University.
Board of Directors
- G. Evan Pritchard • Chairman
- Michael J. Cooper • Vice Chair
- Russ Gestl • Secretary
- James McCann • Treasurer
- Ken Wire • Legal Counsel
- David Birtwistle • Chief Executive Officer
- Bob Chase • President Emeritus
Life Board Members
- Doug Fahl • NVBIA/D.R. Fahl Consulting LLC
- Clark Massie • TETRA Corporation
- David M. Guernsey • Guernsey Office Products, Inc.
- Scott Plein • EQUINOX Investments, LLC
- Roland Gunn
- Joe Ritchey • Transwestern
- Tom Rust • Pennoni
NV Business Transportation Coalition Representatives *
- John Boylan • Dulles Regional Chamber
- Dave Cordingley • Dulles Regional Chamber
- Mike Forehand • NOVA Chamber
- Ken Garrison • HCCA
- Brian Gordon • AOBA
- Tony Howard • Loudoun County Chamber
- Mark Ingrao • Greater Reston Chamber
- Josh Levi • NV Technology Council
* The Northern Virginia Transportation Coalition is a consortium of more than twenty chambers of commerce, business and industry groups that share a common belief that greater investment in regional transportation infrastructure is essential to Northern Virginia’s, and the greater metropolitan Washington area’s future economic competiveness and quality of life.
2018 Board of Directors
- Ms. Tracy Baynard • McGuireWoods Consulting LLC
- Mr. Roy Beckner • S. W. Rodgers Company, Inc.
- Mr. David Birtwistle • NVTA CEO
- Mr. Bob Chase • NVTA President Emeritus
- Mr. Michael J. Cooper • Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Mr. Mike Cooper • Brandywine Realty Trust
- Ms. Mary Beth Coya • Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Ms. Packie Crown • Bowman Consulting
- Ms. Jennifer M. Cuddy • Reed Smith LLP
- Mr. Nicolas Cumings • Walsh Colucci Lubeley and Walsh, PC
- Mr. Pierce DeGross III • Hilton Worldwide
- Mr. Christian Deschauer • Transurban
- Mr. Douglas Fahl • NVBIA/D.R. Fahl Consulting, LLC
- Mr. Jeffrey Fairfield • Arrowbrook Centre
- Mr. Russ Gestl • Buchanan Partners
- Mr. Doug Kennedy • Pennoni Associates, Inc.
- Mr. Ted Lewis • GeoConcepts
- Mr. Mark Looney • Cooley LLP
- Ms. Martha Marks • NAIOP
- Mr. James McCann • Baker Tilly
- Mr. Keith Meurlin • Washington Airports Task Force
- Mr. Garry Palleschi • Shirley Contracting Company, LLC
- Ms. Maggie Parker • Comstock Partners LC
- Mr. Jon Peterson • The Peterson Companies
- Mr. Mark Philip • Howard Hughes Medical Institute/Janelia Farms
- Mr. G. Evan Pritchard • Venable LLP
- Ms. Marie Purkert • christopher consultants
- Mr. David Riemenschneider • Vulcan Materials Company
- Mr. Matthew Roberts • Bean, Kinney & Korman PC
- Mr. Chris Tacinelli • Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc.
- Mr. Michael Talomie • Superior Paving Corporation
- Mr. Kurt Thompson • Dewberry
- Mr. Kenneth Wire • McGuireWoods, LLP