Call to Action: Support the Route 28 Bypass!
After delaying the vote on July 14th, the Prince William Board of County Supervisors will decide whether or not to solve the long-term traffic and congestion problems on Route 28 at their August 4th meeting. The Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance along with our regional partners – including more than 20 regional business and civic organizations from across Northern Virginia – has endorsed the Route 28 Bypass (2B) as the Smart Choice for the future of Prince William County and the entire region.
We strongly support the Route 28 Bypass because it produces the greatest long-term congestion relief at the lowest cost to Prince William County. It will provide many benefits for people who live in and travel through the Route 28 Corridor, including:
- Improved rush hour travel times including a 50% reduction in morning delays
- Reduced traffic in historic downtown Manassas by 7,700 vehicles per day
- Increased capacity and travel options to meet 2040 travel demands
- Improved intersection operation with 67% fewer intersections operating over capacity
- Construction of a new bike/pedestrian path along Godwin Drive
- Smallest total community impact to homes and businesses
- Lowest cost to tax-payers – leveraging $95 million in regional transportation funds
- Overwhelmingly supported by Prince William County votersas a part of the 2019 Mobility Bond
We need your help. Please use the link below to contact the Prince William Board of County Supervisors and let them know you support moving forward with the Route 28 Bypass TODAY.